Tuesday 6 March 2012

I will always remember our summer in Hawaii

Morning Beauties, 
My loving for Yankee Candle is as strong as ever, although on a recent visit to my local Yankee Candle store i was left feeling highly disappointed of the aspect that the UK does not sell any coconut variety at all of a Yankee Candle and boy was I shocked!
To me coconut, vanilla and lemon are three universal and loved scents, all are fresh and neutral. Lemon and Vanilla exist but Coconut does not. 
However Coconut car freshners are readily available in the UK and room freshners alike, but the scent in candle form is really what i am after.


I decided that just this once I would have to betray my local Yankee store and visit Ebay for a taster of Coconut bay.
It cost me £2.30 (P&P included) -Link and was shipped promptly after payment, it was also giftwrapped free of charge in pink tissue paper, a lovely touch. 
I could smell the Coconut as soon as the postman handed it to me.

As soon as I got my candle I ripped the envelope open in excitment, quickly admired the pretty packaging, took some photos of it with it's label and excitedly popped it into a Tea Cup to light!
This is my favourite way to house a Yankee Candle.


Tea cups just happen to be the perfect height to house these yummy candles.
Popping them in a Tea Cup also looks beautiful on my dressing table.
 They are also easy to move if you wanted to carry them into your bathroom etc, the handle minimizes burning just like hot tea haha. 
I picked this Tea Cup up from a local charity shop for around 50p plus a saucer that i use for storing my rings and other jewellery.

Do you have a favourite Yankee Candle or a way to house them?
Any USA scents I should try?
Love,
Belle.x
  

4 comments:

  1. I looove Yankee Candles. My favourite so far is Sugar Cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh Sugar Cookie, sounds lush! I will definitley be purchasing that, lush.
      Thanks Beauts,
      Love,
      Belle.x

      Delete
  2. I'm a massive Yankee candles fan too! I recently purchased Bahama breeze it smells of sweets.
    Your Idea for how to burn the mini ones is excellent I was at a loss as to how to burn mine, thank you!

    -Kerry
    www.dressesanddoughnuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks sweets, oh lush i will try that one out. Dnon't forget they're first ever coconut collection to hit the UK in august :)
      Love,
      Belle.x

      Delete